IN OUR SCHOOL
• The last day of classes will be held on Thursday, May 23rd. There will be an all school mass at 8 A.M., all are welcome to join in the celebration of the Eucharist. We will dismiss at 11 A.M.
• Field Day will be held on Friday, May 24th. Students should arrive no later then 8:45 and report to their homerooms for attendance. They may dress down. Dismissal is at noon. Please check out with your teacher.
IN OUR CLASSROOM
• Well, it’s that time of year. It is always so bittersweet for me. I am looking forward to the summer with my family, but have to say goodbye to your children that have also become part of my family! Thank you all so much for your support throughout the school year. You made my job so much easier!
• We will have no tests this week. The last big grade I will be taking is in science/English on their planet projects and presentations.
• Students that meet their AR goal all four quarters will have a pizza party at lunch on Tuesday, May 21st.
Students will use Twizzlers peel and pull icorice to create geometric shapes.
Students will work at center activities reviewing time, money, multiplication and using tanagrams.
Students will pray at prayer centers, enjoy a last class meeting, celebrate the Eucharist, and share an afternoon of snacks and a movie with all their friends in third grade.
We will have a spelling bee to review words from the year.
Students will finish working on their partner planet projects and presentations and then present them to the class.
Students will learn to follow multiple directions to create shapes with strings.
Students will read orally in small groups and with a partner.
We will continue to collect ceral for the Karen House in May. Thank you for all your support with our Global Village Partner this year. You really made a difference!
Mrs. Maria Ratermann
Mrs. Maria Ratermann - 3rd Grade
I am so excited to be a teacher at All Saints School. I have had the honor of being employed here for nine years. I am also a parent of children that have attended school at All Saints since kindergarten.
I currently have a Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education from Southern Illinois University at Edwardsville, and my religious certification through the Paul VI program. Formerly, I taught preschool at Sacred Heart in Florissant, as well as teaching piano privately for eighteen years.
My husband, Lyle, is employed by Weissman’s in St. Louis as a programming manager. He is the equipment manager for the All Saints T-Ball/Softball/Baseball programs. He is also the head coach for our son’s baseball team and the assistant coach for his basketball team. We have two wonderful children Lydia and Spencer. Lydia is presently in 8th grade and enjoys playing All Saints and club volleyball. She will be graduating from All Saints this spring. Spencer just started in the Jr. High and enjoys playing and watching every sport there is. I enjoy reading, camping and spending time with my family in my spare time.