ELEMENTARY SCHOOL VOLUNTEER
(Education & Life Long Learning)
Contact: Deborah Hake 636-397-1400 ext. 234
Mission Statement: Volunteers for All Saints Catholic Elementary School strive to build the Kingdom of God by the sharing of their time and talents with the school community and through sharing in the school’s commitment and mission to provide students with a Christ-centered compassionate environment, strong foundation of faith and academics to build life-long learners.
- To assist in the library helping our youngest learners with their journey toward independent reading. Duties might include helping students read, listening to emerging readers, assisting students in selecting books, or helping with other duties as needed by the librarian.
- To assist classroom teachers in a variety of ways. Duties might include cutting out letters, shapes, or pictures to be used in the classroom or for bulletin boards; listening to students read, or working with small groups. If unavailable during regular school hours, volunteers can do some things at home to help classroom teachers as needed.
- To assist with playground monitoring during recess and cafeteria supervision during lunch. Volunteers would need to be available from 10:45 AM -1:15 PM.
- To tutor students core subjects of math, reading and English.
- To assist in any area that fits your talents.
Time Commitment: Volunteers are welcome during school hours from 7:45 AM to 2:30 PM. Time is flexible and can fit the volunteer’s schedule.
Special Skills: Must enjoy working with children ages 3 and older and have the desire to help and serve others to strengthen the All Saints School Community. Volunteers must be compliant with “Protecting God’s Children” and have a child abuse screening prior to volunteering.