CYC Golf Program
(Deadline to register is February 5, 2017)
- Grades 2nd – 4th; Boys and Girls
- Non-Competitive Golf Program for the Beginner.
The goal is to give every child the opportunity to learn and develop their skill in the game of golf. The instructional division (2nd through 4th grade) will consist of five clinics that last 55 minutes followed by 3 weeks of play at the Pitch and Putt Family Golf Center.
The clinics will cover putting, chipping, pitching, full swing and an on-course lesson. The instructor will cover the basic fundamentals of each topic. The instructor will also cover safety procedures and make sure the students abide by the rules. The teacher student ratio will range from 6-8 students per instructor.
The main goal is for the kids to learn the basics of golf, have an enjoyable experience and be safe.
- Professional Golf Instruction – Five 55-minute Team Group Lessons, starting in May Teams limited to 8 Children.
- Play three 9-hole Golf Matches on Mini Course at Golf Headquarters in O’Fallon, beginning when the instructional clinics are over (tentatively starting the beginning of June, 2017
- $110 per Golfer
- The program is only conducted on the weekends.
- Each participant must have own set of junior golf clubs or, at a minimum, a putter, wedge, and 7-iron.
- Grades 5th – 8th ; Boys and Girls
- Competitive Golf Program for beginners and experienced golfers
The competitive division (5th through 8th grade) will consist of four clinics that last 55 minutes followed by 6 weeks of competitive golf. The clinics will cover putting, chipping, pitching and full swing. The instructor will cover the basic fundamentals of each topic. The instructor will also cover safety procedures and make sure the students abide by the rules. The teacher student ratio will range from 6-8 students per instructor.
- Professional Golf Instruction: Four 55-minute clinics at Golf Headquarters in O’Fallon, March weather permitting.
- Play Six 9-hole Golf Rounds on Pheasant Run, Hawks Ridge and/or Legends in Eureka, April – June 2017
- Teams will be grouped by grade/gender/experience and will play other teams of like skill; 5th and 6th graders may be grouped together and 7th and 8th graders may be together. (For the rounds of golf, our All Saints teams will be paired up with another parish team, “to play the round”. This involves splitting the team into pairs and playing 2v2 foursomes.)
- $140 per Junior Golfer
- The clinics and the 6 rounds of golf are only conducted on the weekends.
- Each participant must have own set of golf clubs. (At a minimum, a 5th grader would need 4-5 clubs: 5-wood, 7-iron, 9-iron, PW, & putter.)
- Required: 5th – 8th graders need a CYC card and also need to attend the Golf Rules and Etiquette Training. (Seminar attendance will be checked; CYC cards will be checked at end of season tournaments for those who qualify.)
- Each team will need a parent volunteer(s) to be a “Team Leader/ Manager”. (No instruction; just make sure score cards are collected and turned in after each match and keep players and parents in the know if there are any rainouts, changes, etc.; a point of contact for the team.)
- In addition, a parent volunteer “Coach” would be beneficial for the team in organizing the optional trips to the driving range and in pairing up the players for the rounds of golf. Typically, a team’s top 2 players should be pair up with the “top two players of the other team, and so on. (The Coach could be the same person as the Team Leader/Manager or it could a different person.)
- Parent Team Leader/Manager and/or Coach all other participating parents need to attend the Coaching to Make a Positive Difference and the Protecting God’s Children workshops.
- All golf lessons are conducted by PGA Professionals, PGA Apprentices and PGA Pre-Apprentices.
This site will eventually be updated with Spring/Summer 2017 Golf information including a list of scheduled (mandatory) Golf Etiquette and Rules Seminars being offered, in addition to schedules and scores for the 2017 season and end of the season tournament information.